This reports offers an overall view of the visits to your site and shows the origin of your visitors.
The first table shows the total number of referrers during the selected month and the number of visits they generated.
- Calendar: it allows you to select the time interval for which you want to analyse the traffic data. For more info, click here.
Pie chart - Composition percentage
The pie chart shows the percentage composition of visits according to the origin of your visitors, indicating the percentage of visits from the different traffic sources such as Sites, Search Engines, Pay Per Click, Campaigns, Social Networks, Direct Request and Webmail.
Stacked bar chart
The stacked bar chart shows the composition in absolute values of the visits according to the origin from the different traffic sources (represented with different colors).
In every line of the table you will find the following data:
- Referrer: it shows the typology of the referrer (could be a Direct request, a Site, a Search Engine, a Campaign or a Pay per Click, a Blog or Social Network, an Internal referrer)
- Visits: the total number of visits generated by the referrer
- %: the percentage on the total visits generated by the referrer
- Bounces (*): the number of times when the page was the only page viewed during a visit, that is the number of visits by browsers that entered the site, viewed a single page and exited the website
- Bounce Rate (*): it shows the percent of visits, coming from the referrer under examination, consisting of a single page view out of the total visits coming from this referrer
- By clicking on the Pages (Landing Pages of each Referrer) icon for each referrer, you can access the report that shows the list of landing pages for the corresponding Referrer, i.e. the entry pages on which users from the referrer under consideration arrived.
- By clicking on "Details" icon http://oberondev.shinystat.com/immagini_guida/dettagli.gif you can view the detailed report on a specific kind of referrer.
- Clicking on the "Day-by-day" icon http://oberondev.shinystat.com/immagini_guida/andamento.gif you can access the report that shows the trend of visits coming from the specific referrer in the selected time period.
The term Direct request indicates all the video views not coming from links located on other sites, for example in case your visitor directly enters the URL of the page containing the video seen in the browser address toolbar or he reaches the page containing the video seen via the link saved within the "Bookmarks" / "Favourite" sites.
The term No referrer is assigned to all the requests to the ShinyStat servers with an incorrect or absent 'referrer' heading.Bounce Rate
The Bounce Rate
, in connection with a traffic source, helps you in understanding the possible reactions of users when arriving on your site from a specific kind of referrer.
A high Bounce Rate could be due to a gap between the landing page and the expectations that an ad in the site, in a search engine or in a promotional campaign has generated in the user.
The Pages report (Pages) lets you see in detail which pages have a higher "Bounce Rate" for a specific source, providing you with a useful set of statistics to figure out what are the problems for your visitors and optimize your investment.
For more information about Bounces, please take a look at the page called: Bounces - Bounce Rate(*) Bounces and Bounce Rate are available only in ShinyStat Pro and ShinyStat Business version
since July 2010
Traffic data from links configured as Google Analytics Campaign are displayed in the "Campaign Referers" report regardless of the traffic source in which the link was clicked (since 14th December 2017
For further information, please contact the ShinyStat Support Centre