The report Referrers-Search Keywords lists the terms your visitors entered in the search engines to reach your site.
The first table shows the number of the search keywords listed in the table underneath, the number of generated visits and the percentage on the total visits generated by referrer.
- Calendar: it allows you to select the time interval for which you want to analyse the traffic data. For more info, click here.
- Search: you can quickly find the desired search keyword by entering its name or part of it in the available field. (Filter not available in version).
- Search engine: you can narrow down your search retrieving only the search keywords for a single search engine.
Each table row shows the following data:
By clicking on "Details" icon
- the search keyword
- the number of visits coming from the specific search keyword
- the percentage on the total visits coming from the search engines
- the trend
- the average ranking of your site on the major search engines in relation to the specific keyword
- Bounces (*): the number of times when the landing page was the only page viewed during a visit, that is the number of visits by browsers coming from the selected search keyword, that entered the site, viewed a single page and exited the website
- Bounce Rate (*): the percent of visits coming from the search keyword under examination, consisting of a single page view out of the total visits coming from this search keyword
http://oberondev.shinystat.com/immagini_guida/andamento.gif you can access the report that shows the trend of visits coming from the specific keyword in the selected time period.
For easier reading, the last row in the list shows the total listed values.
Keywords & SERD™
(ShinyStat Business only)
The SERD™ is available for the major search engines.
If you narrow your search to a single engine by selecting it from the available field, you will know your site average ranking on that particular search engine in relation to each keyword. Thanks to this feature, for each keyword you can retrieve the results page where your site is listed.
“Not provided” keywords
"Not provided" keywords continue to increase. Since several months Google doesn’t provide keywords data any more.
Therefore all web analytics platform, including Google Analytics, cannot show the keywords used to reach web sites.
In fact each browser receives an empty search string which is defined as "not provided keyword" instead of the true keyword used to find the web site.
For more information, please visit the post on ShinyStat Blog
This value is the sum of the values in all the pages and not only of the value in the current page.Bounce Rate
The Bounce Rate
, in connection with a traffic source, helps you in understanding the possible reactions of users when arriving on your site from a specific search engine or keyword.
A high Bounce Rate could be due to a gap between the landing page and the expectations that an ad in the site, in a search engine or in a promotional campaign has generated in the user.
The "Pages" report (Pages
) lets you see in detail which pages have a higher "Bounce Rate" for a specific source, providing you with a useful set of statistics to figure out what are the problems for your visitors and optimize your investment.
For more information about Bounces, please take a look at the page called: Bounces - Bounce Rate(*) Bounces and Bounce Rate are available only in ShinyStat Pro and ShinyStat Business version since July 2010.