How many visitors are coming from sponsored links?
The Referrers-PPC report provides the number of clicks coming from the sponsored links of Google and Yahoo!
In the first table are indicated the Pay per Click networks and the number of clicks provided by these latter.
This reports offers data based on Clicks and not on Visits, as usually occurs in the Referrer reports, therefore, if a visitor clicks three times on a sponsored link within the same visit, three clicks will be tracked.
ShinyStat records automatically clicks coming from Google and Yahoo! Sponsored links. The user must only have set in his/her Google Adwords or Yahoo! Search marketing account profile, the option which allows the display of the full destination URL where the ad points to.
For those who have a Google Adwords account:
- login to your Google Adwords account
- click on "My Account"
- in "Account preferences" click on "Edit" regarding the entry "Tracking"
-select the option "Destination URL Auto-tagging"
For those who have a Yahoo! Search marketing account:
- login to your Yahoo! Search marketing account
- click on "Administration", then on "Tracking URLs"
- select the option "Tracking URLs on"
- save changes
- Calendar: it allows you to select the time interval for which you want to analyse the traffic data. For more info, click here.
In each row of the table are displayed
- PPC: the PPC network
- Click: the number of clicks it generated
- Visits: the number of visits it generated
- %: the corresponding percentage on the total visits coming from PPC
- Trend: the trend compared with the previous period
- Bounces: the number of times when the landing page was the only page viewed during a visit, that is the number of visits by browsers coming from the PPC network under examination, that entered the site, viewed a single page and exited the website
- Bounce Rate: the percent of visits, coming from the PPC network under examination, consisting of a single page view out of the total visits coming from this PPC network
By clicking on the "Details" icon
, you will be able to link the PPC program to the search keywords used by the visitor (excluding AdSense). Instead, by clicking on this icon in the third column,
, it is possible to access to the report which shows the trend of clicks of each network.
Currently ShinyStat records the click of Google Adsense and Adwords and of Yahoo! Sponsored Search and Content Match PPC networks.Total
For a easier reading, the last row in the list shows the total listed values.Bounce Rate
The Bounce Rate
, in connection with a traffic source, helps you in understanding the possible reactions of users when arriving on your site from a specific PPC network.
A high Bounce Rate could be due to a gap between the landing page and the expectations that an ad in the PPC Network has generated in the user.
The Pages report (Pages) lets you see in detail which pages have a higher "Bounce Rate" for a specific source, providing you with a useful set of statistics to figure out what are the problems for your visitors and optimize your investment.
For more information about Bounces, please take a look at the page called: Bounces - Bounce RateAttention!
Bounces and Bounce Rate are available since July 2010