This report shows the number of visits generated by referrer. In fact, the URLs in the list represent the web pages containing the links your visitors clicked on in order to reach your site.
The first table shows the total number of referring site in the selected month listed below and the corresponding percentage on the total of the referring site , the number of visits generated by the sites in the list and the corresponding percentage on the total visits generated by sites.
- Calendar: it allows you to select the time interval for which you want to analyse the traffic data. For more info, click here.
- Show: this feature allows to view single URLs or to group URLs per domain.
- Search: you can quickly find the desired site by entering its name or part of it in the available field.
Each table row shows the following data:
- the referring URL
- the number of visits coming from the URL under examination
- the trend
- the corresponding percentage on the total visits generated by sites
- Bounces (*): the number of times when the landing page was the only page viewed during a visit, that is the number of visits by browsers that, coming from this specific URL, entered the site, viewed a single page and exited the website
- Bounce Rate (*): the percent of visits coming from the referrer under examination, consisting of a single page view out of the total visits coming from this referrer
Clicking on the Pages (Landing Pages of each Referrer) icon
http://oberondev.shinystat.com/immagini_guida/andamento.gif you can access the report that shows the trend of visits coming from the specific referrer in the selected time period.
If you choose to display the referring domains, you can view the details per URL by clicking on the icon next to the domain . Total
For easier reading, the last row in the list shows the total listed values.
This value is the sum of the values in all the pages and not only of the value in the current page.Bounce Rate
The Bounce Rate
, in connection with a traffic source, helps you in understanding the possible reactions of users when arriving on your site from a specific web page.
A high Bounce Rate could be due to a gap between the landing page and the expectations that an ad in the site has generated in the user.
The Pages report (Pages) lets you see in detail which pages have a higher "Bounce Rate" for a specific source, providing you with a useful set of statistics to figure out what are the problems for your visitors and optimize your investment.
For more information about Bounces, please take a look at the page called: Bounces - Bounce Rate(*) Bounces and Bounce Rate are available only in ShinyStat Pro and ShinyStat Business version
since July 2010
Traffic data from links configured as Google Analytics Campaign are displayed in the "Campaign Referers" report regardless of the traffic source in which the link was clicked (since 14th December 2017
For further information, please contact the ShinyStat Support Centre