How many video views are coming from sponsored links?
The Video Referrers-PPC report provides the number of video views coming from the sponsored links of Google and Yahoo!
In the first table are indicated the Pay per Click networks and the number of video views provided by PPC network in the list.
- Time period: by using the drop-down menu you can filter data for the time period you want to analyze.
- Advanced calendar: you can select specific time periods other than those available with the drop-down menu "time period", thereby choosing freely the time period to examine. For more info on using the Advanced calendar, click here.
- Category: by using the drop-down menu you can filter data for the category you want to analyze.
In each row of the table are displayed the following data:
- PPC: the PPC network
- Video Views: the number of video views it generated
- %: the corresponding percentage on the total video views coming from PPC
- Trend: the trend compared with the previous period
For an easier reading, the last row of the list, shows the total listed values.
It's important to remember that this datum represents the sum of the values of all the pages and not of the single page displayed.
By clicking on the "Details" icon
in the third column, it is possible to access to the report which shows the trend of video views from each network.
Currently ShinyStat measures the video views from Google Adsense and Adwords and from Yahoo! Sponsored Search and Content Match PPC networks.
ShinyStat measures automatically video views coming from Google and Yahoo! Sponsored links. The user must have set in his/her Google Adwords or Yahoo! Search marketing account profile beforehand with the optionthat allows the display of the full destination URL where the ad points to.For those who have a Google Adwords account
- login to your Google Adwords account
- click on "My Account"
- in "Account preferences" click on "Edit" regarding the entry "Tracking"
- select the option "Destination URL Auto-tagging"
- save changes
For those who have a Yahoo! Search marketing account:
- login to your Yahoo! Search marketing account
- click on "Administration", then on "Tracking URLs"
- select the option "Tracking URLs on"
- save changes