This report shows the number of video views generated by internal referrers: each URL in the list represents the page of your website containing the link your visitors clicked on in order to reach your video.
A referrer is defined as "internal" when the video was seen on your website, in a different page from the entry page, in a visit already started from another page.
"Internal Referrer" shows the number of video views coming from an “internal” page, that is an URL of one of domains listed in the "Settings" of your ShinyStat account, under "Preferences" > "Domains to be considered".
The first table shows the total number of internal referring pages listed below and the number of Video views generated by the pages in the list.
- Time period: by using the drop-down menu you can filter data for the time period you want to analyze.
- Advanced calendar: you can select specific time periods other than those available with the drop-down menu "time period", thereby choosing freely the time period to examine. For more info on using the Advanced calendar, click here.
- Category: by using the drop-down menu you can filter data for the category you want to analyze.
- Search: you can quickly find the desired page by entering its url or part of it in the available field.
Each table row shows the following data:
- Internal referrer: the url of your web page containing the link your visitors clicked on in order to reach your video
- Video views: the total number of video views generated by the specific URL
- %: the percentage on the total video views coming from the internal referrers
- Trend: expressed as a percent, it shows the trend of the video views for a given period. In particular, it indicates the percentage variation of the video views rate during the second half of the selected period compared with the first half of the period itself.
Clicking on the "Day-by-day
for each internal referrer, you can access the report that shows the trend of video views brought by a specific URL in the selected time period.N.B.
Please note that the referrer of a video is the referrer of the page where the video was seen.
The system measures a video view only when the user clicks the play button and starts to watch the video.
If a visitor plays more videos on the same page, the system measures more video views for the same referrer.
The referrer is internal when the visit has already started on another page of your website.
For easier reading, the last row in the list shows the total listed values.
N.B. This value is the sum of the values in all the pages and not only of the value in the current page.