How can I exclude from my reports a single IP address or an IP address range?
This option allows you to exclude from your reports the traffic data coming from the range of IP addresses entered in the proper fields.
According to your needs you can exclude a single IP address or an IP address range, by proceeding as follows:
- to exclude a single IP address: enter the same IP in the "start" field and in the "end" field (or only in the "start" field);
- to exclude an IP address range: enter the first IP address of the series in the "start" field and the last one in the "end" field.
IP range means a series of consecutive IP addresses.Watch out!
This option is available only if the IP addresses are static.
If the IP address is dynamic IP, it is possible to use the feature "Exclude this browser from reports
". Listed below
are some examples of IP settings:
- Single IP address: From 18.104.22.168 - To 22.214.171.124
- Single IP address: From 126.96.36.199 - To 0.0.0.0
- Range of 12 IP addresses: From 188.8.131.52 - To 184.108.40.206
- Range of 256 IP addresses: From 220.127.116.11 - To 18.104.22.168
To exclude data from one or more IP addresses, follow the procedure below:
- Log into your ShinyStat™ account
- Click on "Account Management" in the menu on the left, then on "Settings"
- Click on "Preferences" in the menu on the left
- Insert IP address ranges to be excluded
- Click on "Apply" to save the change
To exclude multiple IP address ranges, you can proceed by adding an interval at a time, following the steps described above.Nota Bene
It is possible to exclude up to 32 ranges of IP addresses.