The identification of the categories of interest in which the visitors are most interested provides a comprehensive statistical view of the audience, fundamental to define strategies, select content, evaluate the advertising spaces..
"Socio Demo" > "Interest" report provides an immediate view, both graphic and table, on the categories statistically more interested in site visitors, providing the percentage distribution of visits according to the categories of interest.
The chart sums up the percentage of visits to the main categories.
Table shows the percentages for the subcategories, giving a more detailed statistical view of interests expressed by site visitors.
"Interest by gender" chart and table allow to relate the categories of interest with the gender, showing the percentage distribution of visits by men compared with women each interest category.
Data are available for all IAB categories, except the following:
- Books & Literature -> Erotic
- Gambling -> Casino
- Gambling -> Lottery & Sweepstakes
- Gambling -> Sports Betting
- Health -> Health Conditions
- People & Society -> Ethnic & Identity Groups
- People & Society -> Gay-Lesbian-Bisexual-Transgender
- People & Society -> Religion & Belief
- People & Society -> Unions & Labor Movement
- Adult -> Adult & Pornographic
- Adult -> Swear words
The report shows data only for categories or sub-categories with a percentage of estimated visits higher than 0.1%.Please note
- The report is available in the Free version, too, with some restrictions.
- The report is an "Optional Features": it can be activated or deactivated at any time by the "Settings" Panel of your ShinyStat™ account.
The activation of this option implies the release of profiling cookies by ShinyStat™.
In this case, it is necessary to appropriately block profiling cookies and ask the visitor's prior consent (through the so-called "Short notice") before allowing ShinyStat™ to release profiling cookies.
If there is no short notice in your site, you can activate the "ShinyStat™ Short notice" option which allows you to automatically block profiling cookies by ShinyStat™ without making changes to your site. For more information: Preferences - ShinyStat™ Short Notice
- The acquisition of the data necessary to provide the report "Socio Demo" starts only after the activation of the "Optional Features".
Therefore, this report is initially "on processing", since it involves a minimum period of acquisition to get a useful historical statistical basis
- The report shows a statistically based projection, with a greater trust level increasing the number of visits.
For sites with a low number of visits, the system provides estimates of the probable distributions taking into account sites with similar characteristics.
- Data are available month by month; they are displayed in this report starting from the first day of the following month and not earlier than 15 days from the activation date.
Example: if the "Optional Features" are activated on October 23, the reports will start to display data from the first day of December.
- By selecting a period of the current month, the system displays data for the previous month.
Example: by selecting from 10 to 20 on the current month, system displays data for the preceding month to the current one.
- By selecting a period spanning on two or more months, the report shows data for all months which include the selected period.
Example: by selecting from September 9 to October 20, the system will show the data for both full months, September and October.